Welcome to West Exe School!
Rated Good by Ofsted in January 2014, West Exe School is a vibrant and innovative school where we promote ‘Excellence for All, in all that WE do’ and believe in ‘Bringing Learning to Life’. Ofsted confirmed that:
- Students make good and often very good progress
- Many lessons include a rich variety of activities
- Students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is strong
- Students show pride in their school and respect for others
- Behaviour is good both in lessons and around the school
- Students often take an active part in lessons
- Students concentrate well, showing positive attitudes and a desire to learn
We aim to provide a learning environment in which all students feel safe, valued and known, where they can develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes to become successful learners, confident young people and responsible global citizens. We are proud of both the academic success and personal development of our students.
Creative, active lessons and consistently high expectations ensure that students grow in confidence and make very good progress. This enables them to move onto college, apprenticeships, university or work as well-rounded, aspirational young people.
We are an 11-16 edge of city comprehensive housed in modern, purpose-built accommodation; a bright and stimulating place for students to learn and for staff to work.
If you would like to visit us to find out more about our exciting work please do contact us to arrange a tour of the school.
Thank you for visiting our website, we welcome your interest in our school.