Curriculum and the West Exe Offer
The West Exe Offer is our pledge that every student at West Exe will experience:
- A broad and knowledge rich curriculum, embedded through our extended practise programme
- Inspirational assemblies all linked to our Student Attributes
- A dedicated tutorial session for the West Exe Literary Canon consisting of 20minutes daily guided reading of our specially selected 25 core text
- A varied weekly Electives programme in Years 7, 8, 9 & 10
- Enrichment week including an offer of a residential in Year 9
- A meaningful and comprehensive careers programme from Year 7 - 11, including work experience in Year 10
- A range of outdoor education experiences
- Disruption free learning environment
As part of the West Exe Offer, we also provide an exciting extra-curricular programme including, the jazz band, Model United Nations, Ten Tors, the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, climbing and our School Productions. Over 100 students each year volunteer for our growing Student Leadership Team which includes Student Parliament, the Green Team, Anti-Bullying Ambassadors, Primary Mentors, Sports Leaders and many more roles within our community.
At West Exe, there is always an opportunity out there for every student.
All students at West Exe have the opportunity to learn a language, go to the theatre and to experience truly exceptional teaching. They will go on outdoor adventures and take part in a whole range of new sports.
More importantly in their classes and tutor groups they will make friends that will last them a lifetime.
Julie Fossey Headteacher
The West Exe Offer Principles:
The offer is underpinned by the School’s values of Compassion, Courage and Citizenship.
Our most disadvantaged students will consistently benefit from the wide, rich set of experiences, where participation is guaranteed rather than optional.
Experiences are coherently planned and aim to develop the West Exe Student attributes of being: curious, kind, ambitious, resilient, adaptable and proud.
The offer nurtures, develops and stretches pupils’ talents and interests.
The offer prepares all students for success in their future education and careers.