When preparing for mid-cycle assessments, end-of-cycle assessments, mock exams and actual GCSE exams, there are certain key 'study skills' that all students can employ to maximise their performance.
These are explained and modelled in the videos below:
- How to revise effectively: https://youtu.be/FO-dppo-sRk
- Creating a revision timetable: https://youtu.be/cQzK5X0EIwc
- Cornell note taking: https://youtu.be/1ohns1kRX4M
- How to use your Cornell notes: https://youtu.be/g1NRDMJQL_c
- The Leitner revision system: https://youtu.be/25GnT7glW5o
- Look, cover, write, check: https://youtu.be/dET79s8ATxU
- Mistakes that need correcting: https://youtu.be/mdeu9N81hfQ
Parents and students can also access a revision timetable template (editable in Microsoft Word) and a 'GCSE Student Revision Guide' (designed primarily for students in Years 10 and 11, but with content that all year groups can apply).