At West Exe School we have high expectations of our students' appearance, this starts with the uniform that they wear around the School, in Physical Education and extends to their use of makeup and jewellery. Our School uniform combines smartness with functionality and durability. Students are expected to wear their full uniform with pride, this includes on their way to and from School. Full details of the School’s policies and expectations relating to uniform can be obtained from the documents below.
- An appropriate white shirt.
- Appropriately fitting grey trousers (tailored grey shorts allowed in the summer).
- The blue tartan skirt (which must be on the knee).
- Dark navy logo jumper or cardigans.
- School tie in House colours (this will be the same as any siblings already in the School and assigned to you in July).
- Jackets for Years 10 and 11 only.
- Tights for winter with skirts and dark socks for trousers.
Uniform Expectation guideline video
PE Kit Guidelines:
- Black and blue logo sports top (unisex and girls' fit options). -
- Black and blue logo shorts/skort or black high quality West Exe logo leggings.
- Please note the leggings and jogging bottoms are optional but if worn they must be plain black
- Black with blue stripes long PE socks for outdoor activities (boys and girls).
- White socks for indoor games.
- Optional hoodies and reversible tops are available.
- We recommend Astro type trainers as being best to buy for both boys and girls which can be used inside and outside.
- Moulded boots (plastic studs) also needed for all boys and any girls who will be involved in Football/Rugby teams.
We are pleased to have moved all our uniform purchasing online. This can be purchased from Price & Buckland. Parents can purchase other items such as shirts and trousers for both boys and girls from any retailer. We advise parents/carers to pay particular attention to the uniform details in the documents at the bottom of this page, as only the specified items will be acceptable. Orders over £60 will be posted to a home address or School for free (although we strongly advise using your home address rather than the School address). Please use the size charts carefully before ordering.
If you have the old version of the logo on your jumper, we are not expecting parents to replace the jumper or cardigan until they are ready to do so.
Summer and Winter Rules:
West Exe has summer and winter uniform rules. Students will be expected to wear their jumper/cardigan around School at all times, however students can ask to remove this during lesson time. Tights must be worn with skirts in the winter. Summer rules will run for the summer term and any warm days outside will be declared as ‘hot weather rules’.
How we help:
We have some second hand items and each year collect in/swap and sell second hand items although stock can be low. If you require items please contact student reception.
Funding and support: We are no longer able to discount new uniform but can offer flexible payments on uniform for some families in need of support. This is where, we as a School, purchase items for you and you can make payments over the following months. We also have an option to give you a code where you can purchase them yourself and the School is invoiced; again we add this payment to your MCAS account.
If you require this support, you will need to fill in an application form before the end of term. Please note that if you are a PP student this will NOT automatically qualify you and we ask you to please make use of the second-hand service first.
Please see some useful information from Price & Buckland and our West Exe Uniform Expectations below: